Tuesday, January 27, 2009

For Hire

So my kids haven't been to school for a full week since before Christmas.  Between MLK day, teacher in-service days, a nasty stomach flu bug and now, our first decent snowfall of the year, my kiddos have been spending quite a bit of time at home (AND we're only in the 4th week of the new year!)

I have to admit, I do love a good dump (I'm actually referring to snow) and it helps to be able to send the kids out to play.  Before I let them play, however, I asked the boys to help me shovel the driveway.  You would have thought I asked each of them for a kidney.




Why, oh, why can't my boys do an ounce of work without wither complaining or fighting?  They are ALWAYS keeping score on who has done more work.  Apparently they had a scale outside measuring the weight of the snow each had shoveled as they were quick to tell me that this one had shoveled "20 lbs." and the other "a million pounds".  Better than a snow plow, I tell you.

By the way, he's for hire.  At a million pounds a half hour, I should be able to bring in some serious money.  

In the meantime, the girls were thoroughly enjoying themselves on the "hill" in the backyard. Rachel did offer to shovel the driveway, but since she could only handle a sand shovel, I let her off the hook.




Life is good...





when your brothers are shoveling the driveway.


It's currently pouring "freezing rain" and we're expecting another 3-5 inches of snow on top of that.  Sounds like my boys will be kidney-less after tomorrow.

No comments: