Thursday, May 14, 2009

n. i. n. e.

Just before his birthday (about a month ago--I'm so on the ball), Jonathan announced his plans for an elaborate "Star Wars, Clone Wars" birthday party.  As my kids get older, the less I look forward to birthday parties--the planning, actually sending invitations, cleaning my house, games, a bunch of wild banshees running around my freshly cleaned house.  You get the idea.  When Jonathan presented his fantabulous birthday party idea, I enthusiastically replied, "How about you invite 1 friend and we hit Kings Island instead!"  I couldn't believe when he consented and was even excited about it.

Sooooo, we had our traditional "family party" complete with green pasta (rotini with pesto--better than you can get at any expensive italian restaurant), ice cream cake (yes, he requested the Carvel cake from Kroger) and a few presents on his "real" birthday.




I know the cake looks disgusting, it's actually pretty good.






I'm not sure what he was wishing for, but I'm pretty certain it didn't come true.



The following Friday, I loaded up the car, loaded up on Dramamine and Advil and headed to KI with 5 kids in tow.  The boys were stuck with me and the girls in the Nickelodeon area until Trevor arrived from work.  After loading up on pizza, we parted ways with Trevor and the girls and headed for the "big rides".  That was a brilliant thing to do after loading up on pizza.  There were hardly lines for anything, so we just kept riding.  One. after. another. after. another.  I told the boys that my limit was twice in a row for Vortex.  My 37 year-old, post-partum (4 times) body just can't take that kind of beating any more.  We were able to ride just about everything (longest wait:  30 minutes for Firehawk) except for Diamondback (they chickened out on me--except for Jonathan) and then finally got kicked off the Vortex (at closing) after riding it 8 times in a row (they never even had to get off).  Lucky for me, the boys (and apparently the girls) proclaimed, "This was the best night of our life!"






"Mom, why are you torturing us?  Let's get to the rides!"





Plankton's Plunge is deceiving and they are all feigning boredom...





I love how they can't hold back the laughter...





This one actually makes me laugh--especially Hannah's missing teeth!


Mom does it again!  :)


2 comments:

Reese said...

Looks like fun. Next time I think I will send a couple of my kids along:) You have given me a great idea to get out of our Star Wars themed party in July.......just come up with something better and they will forget all about their elaborate plans!
p.s. I am serious about the iron-off. Call me and maybe we can swap before and after photos.

Anonymous said...

Looks like loads of fun! I was dreading a bunch of 10 yr olds at our house the other day for Noah's party. It wasn't NEAR as bad as I had anticipated. Maybe for me that is the ticket. Think it will be amazingly horrific and come out pleasantly suprised. KI and only 1 friend though...............bliss in comparison I am sure! :-)