Monday, May 4, 2009

Easter

While Trevor and Timothy were out on the "AT", we were in need of some fun activities at home.  I'm usually not a fan of "messy" fun (I can't stand Play-doh, glitter or other childhood obsessions that find themselves stuck between the grooves of my hardwood floor).  However, my kids begged me to dye easter eggs and I gave in.  I even allowed a neighbor friend to join in.

Applause, please.

I tried really hard not to be too controlling and dye all of the eggs myself so my table and their clothing wouldn't get stained.  I succeeded in letting them do it themselves, and they succeeded in getting the dye all over the table (even though I covered it in garbage bags) and on their clothes.  OK, in reality, there was a tiny bit of dye on the plastic and Hannah got a tiny bit of dye on her shirt.  They decorated 2 dozen eggs in record time and I was one happy momma to get it all cleaned up!





Believe it or not, this was Rachel's first time dying eggs!





This takes some serious concentration!





The happy clan.  I was just as happy as it was time to clean up!  :)





The result.



I know, you think my kids are deprived.  So do they.





Hardly.

1 comment:

Reese said...

Um, I made it through Easter without dying a single egg. I also told my kids that I was the Easter Bunny. I think that having spring break the week before and making an 11:30 pm trip to Meijer for Easter basket loot did me in. My kids are going to have the BEST memories of all the "magical" things I did for the holidays, I am sure.